Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Over the Counter # 49

You can buy lots of die cutters, etc to make paper projects these days, but I am in awe of someone who does it with just scissors and an exacto knife! So Paper Cuts by Talor Hagerty caught my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner.

From Sterling Publishing:

"This modern approach to the age-old art will dazzle crafters of all skill levels.


Long a folk-art tradition in cultures the world over, paper cutting has become the new darling of the fashion and design worlds. Paper Cuts hops on the trend, drawing on a variety of cultures, bringing together today’s top artists. The result is a collection of 35 smart, fresh, and contemporary projects for crafters, including party ware, centerpieces, ornaments, cards, and more."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I have a friend who can do that and it always amazes me.