Friday, January 18, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #246

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I really enjoy Peter Swanson's suspense novels. His latest, Before She Knew Him, releases in March on on both sides of the pond. And it looks so good! The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. So, yes, woman on the cover on both. One with a face and one silhouette. Both looking at something. Basically the same colour tones used in each. I like the offset of the title on the US cover with she and him somewhat isolated.The US is the one with a tag line this time - "Catching a killer is dangerous - especially if he lives next door." There's a nice blurb from Alafair Burke on the UK cover. Both would have me taking a second look. Going with my first impression, I would pick the US cover this week. What about you? Any plans to read Before She Knew Him? 
Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the US cover too. I like his work so I'll pick this up if I get the chance.

Kay said...

I also like Peter Swanson's books. As my pick, it's the US for sure. I like being able to see the woman's face. I don't like the 'turned away' face as well. Plus I like the offset 'she' and 'him' as you said. Hope this is a good one!

Icewineanne said...

US wins it for me too. Not a fan of women’s faces on covers but even less of a fan of faces that appear turned away.

Ethan said...

I just requested an ARC of this one this morning. I definitely like the US cover best. Can't wait to read it!

Luanne said...

A clear winner with the US cover this week - and it's sure to be a winner of a read as well!

Dianna said...

I like the US cover much better. Haven't read one of his books in a while. Glad to see a new one is coming out!