Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Over the Counter #412

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the counter and under my scanner? I'm fascinated by vintage trailers.....

Trailerama by Phil Noyes.

From the publisher, Gibbs-Smith:

"A celebration of the travel trailer’s unique place in twentieth-century America.

Trailerama provides a visual wonderland filled with fascinating and diverse imagery that will surprise the average reader. From sheet music to greeting cards, postcards to Hollywood, the travel trailer figured prominently in twentieth-century American pop culture. It’s put on grand display in this kitschy celebration culled from the coffers of Trailer Travel’s Phil Noyes.

Phil Noyes has been a television and film producer in Los Angeles for two decades, and produced a PBS special on the history of the RV in America called Mobile America. He cowrote the Gibbs Smith book Trailer Travel and also writes a regular column for RV Magazine called “Trailer Tribe.” He owns many vintage trailers, and his backyard could pass for a trailer park."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: