Friday, June 9, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 162

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Haylen Beck is the pseudonym for an award winning crime author. I'm really looking forward to this forthcoming suspense novel. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay, so deserted roads on both covers. It's hard to see the terrain on the US cover, but the road is on the woods on the UK cover. One road is paved and the other isn't. Headlights on both covers - one coming and one going.  differing views makes you wonder if the danger is coming towards the character or if the character is running from the danger. I'm going to go with the US cover this week - I like the darker look and the winding road shot a bit better. The off kilter lettering also appeals to me more. Any plans to read Here and Gone? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover better - I'm not crazy about the letters on the US cover.

techeditor said...

I read this book, so I can tell you that, probably, the American cover is better. That is simply because the opening scenes in the book take place on a paved road. The dirt road in the woods doesn't happen until Much later in the book.

The main characters are running from danger, but another danger is coming toward them.

The book is just OK, I thought. It is sort of young adult-ish

Icewineanne said...

UK wins it with colour & lettering. ........but won't be reading this one........too many books in my TBR pile that I need to get to :)
Hope you enjoy if you read it.