Happy Canada Day everyone!
And along with celebrating Canada's Birthday - it's time to start The Canadian Book Challenge - 8!
This challenge is hosted by John of The Book Mine Set.
What is the Canadian Book Challenge? It's an online reading challenge in which participants from Canada and around the world aim to read and review 13 or more Canadian books in a one year span: Canada Day to Canada Day. Reviews must be posted online and participants are asked to share links to their reviews with other participants.
This will be my 6th year participating. (And I've met the challenge every year with 21 for last year) It's a wonderful way to sample the great writing Canada has to offer and discover new authors. Interested in joining? Further details and sign up info can be found here.
I'll be using this post to track my progress.
1. No Relation - Terry Fallis - July
2. No Safe House - Linwood Barclay - August
3. Sweetland - Michael Crummey - September
4. The Long Way Home - Louise Penny - November
5. Abattoir Blues - Peter Robinson - December
6. As Chimney Sweepers Come to Dust - Alan Bradley - January
7. Harvest - Rob Pobi - January
8. The Jaguar's Children - John Vaillant - January
9. The Devil You Know - Elisabeth de Mariaffi - February
10. The Work Boyfriend - Deanna McFadden - April
11. A Desperate Fortune - Susanna Kearsley - April
12. Tides of Honour - Genevieve Graham - April
13. The Mountain Story - Lori Lansens - May