Thursday, April 29, 2010

Over the Counter # 6


Catching my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner was bed in a tree: and other amazing hotels from around the world.

From the publisher Dorling Kindersley (DK):

"A handpicked selection of 27 extraordinary hotels from around the world. Every hotel offers an unforgettable and original place to stay.

Hotels spotlighted include the Ice Hotel in Sweden, an actual bed in a tree, a room underwater, a wine barrel and even a night in a suitcase!

Each hotel entry suggests three interesting, and often unusual, things to do nearby.

The book also features vouchers offering a 10% discount at selected hotels"

My favourites? Definitely the gypsy caravans and the tree houses.

(Over the Counter is a new feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well! See if your local library has them on their shelves!)


7 comments:

dkm1981 said...

Ooh, is the house on the front that looks like a white shell in Cancun, because I saw a building there that looked just like it! Interesting book - I'll have to look out for it!

Suzanne Yester said...

Wow, this book looks so interesting! The cover really is eye catching, and I'll have to see if I can find it to look through! Thanks for sharing! I like the new Meme too!

Patti V. said...

How cool is this?!?!

bermudaonion said...

Wouldn't it be fun to stay in one of those hotels? I wonder how they keep the ice hotel warm

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Interesting! I'm happy just to get away, but staying at an unusual hotel like these would be a unique vacation.

Kaye said...

Staying in a tree house would be such a unique vacation. The books sounds like it would be fun to browse. I love your new post every week. Have a good week, Luanne.

Ladytink_534 said...

Neat! Neat! Neat! I've always wanted to stay in one of those hotels.