Friday, July 8, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #113

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
John Grisham's newest book, The Whistler, releases in October on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Very different versions this week. The US is dark and ominous with the black and red. Water and boats seem to figure into the plot. The UK version is lighter in tone, but also indicates water will figure into the story. I think I'll go with the US version this week - I would be more likely to pick it up based on the colours. Which cover do you prefer? 
Any plans to read this latest from Grisham? 
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The UK cover draws me in - it feels a little more ominous to me.

Jennifer C said...

The US cover is really calling to me this week. The colors and the sunset with the boat - all beautiful and different from most covers out there right now. The U.K. Cover is pretty, too, but much less of a standout. I hadn't read Grisham in a while, but I picked up one of his more recent books - just need to read it!

Icewineanne said...

I like the uncluttered b&w look of the UK cover. It brings to mind Louisiana in the 50's.