Thursday, July 21, 2016

Dark Matter - Blake Crouch

Praise from some of my favourite authors (Lee Child, Harlan Coben and Justin Cronin) had me eager to dive into Blake Crouch's new novel, Dark Matter.

And if that wasn't enough, this description from the publisher, sealed the deal.

" “Are you happy with your life?” Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious. Before he awakens to find himself strapped to a gurney, surrounded by strangers in hazmat suits. Before a man Jason’s never met smiles down at him and says, “Welcome back, my friend.”"

I love this type of storyline - an everyday person thrown into an extraordinary situation - with no idea who, what, where and why. I can't wait to dig in find the answers alongside the main character. Crouch's writing easily draws the reader in - and then keeps them captivated until the last page is turned.

The publisher has suspense/thriller and science fiction as genres for Dark Matter. But, if you're thinking, oh I don't like sci-fi, think again. It doesn't define the book completely. Yes, there are some mind bending theories to wrap your head around, but there's action, suspense, twists and yes - a love story. I know eh? Heck of a mix. But Crouch makes it really, really work.

I want to be somewhat vague in describing the plot - I'll just say this - multiverse vs. universe. Uh, huh, the possibilities are endless.....and had me wondering what if?

I raced through Dark Matter, totally caught up in Jason Dessen's world and desperate race to find answers and resolution. Five stars for this one!  Read an excerpt of Dark Matter.

Crouch has also penned the Wayward Pines books, made into a Fox television series, that I really enjoyed as well. (Can't wait for season two.) Dark Matter would also make a great series or feature film. You can connect with Blake Crouch his website, and follow him on Twitter.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

Hm, that sounds more suited for my sister than for me.