Friday, July 1, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover # 112

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Here's another one on my ever teetering TBR list! Dark Matter by Blake Crouch.
"'Are you happy in your life?' Those are the last words Jason Dessen hears before the masked abductor knocks him unconscious." The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Very, very similar this week, with the red covers and in your face black font. But I'm going with the UK cover this week - I like the tagline and somewhat fractured cover. Which cover do you prefer?
Any plans to read Dark Matter?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

They're about the same to me - I could take, or leave, either one.

Ethan said...

I've got the ARC of this one sitting on my desk. I have to agree with you on the UK one, even though both are very similar.
I also finally read Be Frank With Me that I won from your giveaway a while back. Loved it!

Jennifer C said...

I find them about the same, too, but the UK has a slight edge because it looks less busy to me.

Icewineanne said...

UK wins. Like the texturing on the cover, almost like red curtins :-)

VictoriaS said...

Definitely UK, so much more evocative. The US cover looks phoned in. Where's the art in cover art?