Friday, February 19, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #93

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK/Canadian cover
Michael Robotham is one of my favourite crime authors. His newest book, Close Your Eyes releases in the US (cover on the left) in April and the UK and Canada in August (cover on the right). Now with a title like that, I can see why the publisher has chosen the photo they have. But...I am sick to death of half-pictures, behind their shoulder pictures/in a mirror pictures of a girl/woman that is probably in danger. So, you probably guessed I'm going with the UK/Canadian cover this week. I find it visually appealing, the stormy clouds hint at something dark as does the beacon of light from the isolated house. So, is Close Your Eyes on your TBR list? Which cover do you prefer? 
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Honestly? I don't really like either one of them. I there with you about the US cover, but the other one doesn't suggest at all to me that this is a Joe O'Loughlin book. Robotham has been bringing out more standalones and I think readers of the series would like to know that Joe appears in this one.

bermudaonion said...

I'm with Kay - neither cover draws me in.

Icewineanne said...

You hit the nail on the head - Cdn/UK art work wins it. I just love a seaside cover :-)

Grandma Cootie said...

I agree, too many close ups of half a face.