Friday, February 5, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #91

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Try Not to Breathe is Holly Seddon's debut novel. And of course I'm drawn to descriptions that read..."For fans of Gillian Flynn, Laura Lippman, and Paula Hawkins comes Holly Seddon’s arresting fiction debut—an engrossing thriller full of page-turning twists and turns, richly imagined characters, and gripping psychological suspense." So, yes, it's been added to my TBR pile. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Again, very similar - sideways woman, white tones. But given the description of the book, I find it interesting that one has eyes open and one has eyes closed. A bit of a tie for me this week, but I'm going to go with the UK cover - I like the font better as well as the font colour. Any plans to read Try Not to Breathe? Which cover do you prefer?
 You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover too - I think the open eye gives it a creepier feel.

Kay said...

I'll add my vote to the UK cover. I love the blue tones. That being said, I don't understand what 'try not to breathe' has to do with eyes. It seems that both covers draw attention to the eyes. Guess I need to read it to find out. LOL

Marce said...

I want to read this one but so happy to see the UK cover. I honestly do not like the US one and it just doesn't match the description to me but the eye open almost seems like it may be the last breath or wanting someone to know they are alive but not the killer maybe. This one has got my attention also.

Suvi said...

I definitely like the US cover more. Am I the only one? :)

Icewineanne said...

Couldn't figure out the US cover until you explained it LOL. Not a fan of either one. Will wait to read the reviews before I jump into this one.

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I think it's the US cover for me this week. THere is too much going on in the UK one for me.