Saturday, June 27, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #59

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another..

US cover
UK cover
I recently went to an information session at work put on by our selection librarians at work. They were highlighting some upcoming books that they thought would be 'hot' reads including The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler.  It sounds like a great read to me. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I like that little house with its beacon windows on the UK cover, but the dusty worn old books on the US cover appeals to me more. (And its a closer link to what the book is about) So, which cover do you prefer?
 Had you heard of this book already? 
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature at 
A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

I like the UK cover too.

But either one, I hope my library has this.

Again, merci...

holdenj said...

I like the US one better--I agree about the books. Am on the wait list at the library for it, can't wait to read it!

Vee said...

Definitely the US cover...

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to read this book! I like the U.S. cover a lot better -- I like the colors and the stack of books. I do like the house on a cliff on the U.K. cover but I'm not a fan of that font.

Vicki said...

I like the US cover the most.