Saturday, June 20, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #58

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

Canadian cover
UK cover
I recently attended an information session put on by the selection  
librarians at work. They were showcasing some new books that they feel will be 'hot' reads. The Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install was one of those titles - and is now on my summer reading list. The Canadian cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Two very different covers in terms of colour and tone this week. I find the Canadaian cover a bit too cute. The quirkiness of the UK cover appeals to me, so its my choice this week. Which cover to you prefer? Do you plan to read A Robot in the Garden? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature at A Bookworm's World.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the UK cover better as well.

Icewineanne said...

I'm with you on this one, the UK cover is much better. Not sure if the library has it listed yet, but if it does, i'm putting a hold on it. Thanks for the heads up Luanne!

Vicki said...

I like them both but think the UK cover matches the title best. My library doesn't have this yet so I'm put in a "suggestion" request.