Saturday, May 30, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #55

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
Linwood Barclay's new thriller, Broken Promise releases in North America in July and September in the UK. It's definitely on my TBR list! The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. I like the colours of the US cover better and that broken glass is atmospheric. But, so is the cover shot on the UK version - which also features a tag line. Still, I:m going with the US cover this week. A second look shows a street scape. Are you planning on reading Broken Promise? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

Kay said...

I absolutely am planning to read this book. Linwood Barclay has become a big favorite of mine. Love his 'everyman' thrillers. I also think of them as 'yes, it could happen to you' storylines. Both of these covers contain ominous themes. I think I'll go with UK cover this time though as it seems darker and that picket fence give the idea that the story happens in an ordinary neighborhood.

Debbie said...

This is a tough one! I do like the picket fence, but.... the broken glass ... no the fence. See? Tough.
I think I like the US one best.
I've never read Linwood Barclay, but now I just might.

Luanne said...

Regardless of the cover Kay and Debbie - I can't wait to read it!

Anonymous said...

Love the broken glass on the US cover but the tag line on the UK cover draws me to the book....

Icewineanne