Saturday, February 21, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #44

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another...

US/Canadian cover
Laura Lippman's newest book, Hush Hush, releases soon and is on my TBR list. The US/Canadian cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. It's interesting that a child's shoe(s) appears on both covers. I'm going to call it a tie for me this week. The tag line on the UK version gives you an idea of the plot. But the US version lets us know that it's a Tess novel. (Yay!) Is Hush Hush a book you plan to read? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature
 on A Bookworm's World

3 comments:

Kay said...

You know, I've never read a Tess book. I have read some of the standalones. I agree with you. I like both covers. In fact, they are a little creepy with those little shoes. Scary. I might lean a little more toward the US cover. I'm on the fence as to whether I might read the book. Having not read all the many others? Not sure.

bermudaonion said...

I think the UK cover is a little creepier since there's only one shoe.

techeditor said...

We think alike. Before I read your post, I decided that the covers are too much alike to pick one over the other. I see you agree.