Friday, December 19, 2014

Over the Counter #243

What books caught my eye this week as they passed over the library counter and under my scanner? Well, these seemed quite appropriate, given the date.....

First up is Everything I Needed to Know About Christmas, I Learned From a Little Golden Book by Diane Muldrow.

From the publisher, Random House:

"The Poky Little Puppy, the Gingerbread Man, and many other classic Golden Books characters help illustrate this wise and witty guide to the holidays! Delightfully retro yet utterly of the moment, this companion to the bestselling EVERYTHING NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED FROM A LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK will delight fans of those gold foil-spined treasures. Featuring iconic art from Golden Books luminaries including Eloise Wilkin, Richard Scarry, J.P. Miller, Garth Williams, and more — this collection is a must for maintaining ever-important holiday cheer!"

Next up is A Merry Christmas Cookbook from Disney Publishing:

"Treat your taste buds to a feast of traditional holiday delights! With simple step-by-step instructions, helpful cooking tips, color photographs, and charming character art, this book is the perfect way for parents and children to make holiday magic in the kitchen! A rating system lets kids know how difficult the recipes are, and cooking tips are sprinkled throughout. Kids will enjoy making Rolly’s Spotted Cranberry Pancakes, Sugar Rush Popcorn Gumdrop Garland and Anna’s Frozen Ice Candy!"

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: