Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Looking Back......and Forward

There are a million 'best of' lists for 2014 books. I thought I would recap some of my favourites from this year - in no particular order.

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy by Rachel Joyce
Sweetland by Michael Crummey
The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
The Tilted World - Tom Franklin and Beth Ann Fennelly
and best audio book - Bird Box - Josh Malerman 
There are others (including a lot of mysteries) but I'll stop at five!

This year, I read/listened to 141 books - which actually surprised me! I think I'll set the bar a little lower this year. I'm expecting my first grandchild at the beginning of 2015 and as much as I love reading, this little person will be at the top of the list! And although I'm a type A personality, I'm just going to have to keep reminding myself - this is a hobby, not a job. So I will review the books I accept - but I may accept fewer - and if the review isn't out on publication day, I won't worry - it will get done. Balance. I have lots of other interests that sometimes take a backseat while I blog. I hope to strike a better balance between all my interests. And as I age, those health resolutions are also at the top of the list.

Best resolution everyone can make? Enjoy each and every day! So, what are your top reads for this year? Any resolutions for next year?

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I haven't read any of those and only own one. :/