Thursday, August 19, 2010

Over the Counter #19

Junk Beautiful - Outdoor Edition - by Sue Whitney was the latest book to catch my eye as it passed over my library counter and under my scanner this week.

I love flea markets, auctions and well, 'junk'. It's so much fun 'repurposing' things. And Sue Whitney has it down to an art! ( I reviewed Junk Beautiful back in 2008) I love seeing what inventive ideas she's come up with!

From the publisher Taunton Press:

"With her first book, Junk Beautiful, Sue Whitney helped millions of devotees transform junk into unique furnishings and accessories for every room in their houses.

Now, with Junk Beautiful: Outdoor Edition, she (with Kimberly Melamed) will help you reuse, recycle, refresh, repurpose and recreate discarded or discounted junk into functional, beautiful pieces for your outdoor spaces.

From creating the perfect patio and porches with panache to setting up a contemporary café for outdoor dining, the authors give you hundreds of practical, creative ideas to bring your junk beautiful dreams to the great outdoors.

Inviting and irreverent, Junk Beautiful: Outdoor Edition is a how-to book that's entertaining and quite useful at the same time, with plenty of before and after photos, and lots of fun, action shots of Sue and Kimberly in the midst of their junk madness.
If you're a garage sale, flea market or thrift store junkie -- or the high cost of living has got you thinking you should start -- here's a book that will help you expand your outdoor horizons, without costing you a fortune. "
 
(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

3 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

My grandmother called when went to yard sales, thrift stores, flea markets "junking." I don't get to do much "junking" these days but I still love it :)

Kaye said...

Sounds like a fun book. I used to love that show on HGTV Trash to Treasure- it's amazing the stuff they find and what they do with it. Have a great weekend, Luanne!

bermudaonion said...

I wish I had a better eye to see the jewel among the junk. Sounds like a fun book.