Thursday, April 9, 2009

PIERCEd- Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman


***A quick short little post today as I have had to send my beloved laptop away for repair. :( I will now be forced to sneak in some time on my gamer son's computer.....***

~ A Zits Close Up~

Zits is my favourite comic strip. It details the life and times of teenager Jeremy Duncan, his parents and his friends. This compilation deals with his friend Pierce, who loves his piercings, tattoos, his pet rat and not conforming. But looks can be deceiving. To quote the authors " Beneath that face of silver lies a heart of gold.

Borgman and Scott have brought the joy and angst of raising a teenage boy to the public for over ten years now, appearing in over 1500 newspapers. There are many, many strips I've cut out and laid at my son's place at the table. Learning to drive, being cool (or not), girls, a band, embarrassing parents, messy rooms and lots more capture real life with a humourous twist.

Haven't heard of it? You can read it or get your daily strip online.

8 comments:

Serena said...

this sounds really cute and fun!

Vanessa said...

Zits is one of my favorite comics every. These guys are truly hilarious. I loved them as a teenager, and I imagine when my kids are teens, the comics will be funny all over again.

bermudaonion said...

I love Zits too and I want that book!

Jeanne said...

I used to see my daughter in a comic strip called "One Big Happy," but in the last year (she turned 15 in Aug.) it's been Zits at least once a week.

Wrighty said...

I LOVE Zits!! We have three teenage boys and Jeremy is all of them. My oldest seems to have the most in common and I cut them out all of the time and give them to him too. I swear that the writers have been to our house when I read some of them. We crack up every time! So glad to hear someone else enjoys them too. And really glad to know that we aren't alone with what we go through! :)

Ladytink_534 said...

Love Zits! Pierce is my favorite though :)

kalea_kane said...

I love the Zits comics too! Thanks for the daily strip link!

Melissa O. said...

I used to read Zits all the time! I've gotten away from comics a little bit, but my mom often passes along a funny Zits that she reads. :-)