Friday, July 26, 2024

Storm Warning - David Bell

Do you ever look at the cover of a book in your TBR pile and immediately choose it for your next read? I just did! 

I was looking for an 'action' read, if you know what I mean. David Bell's latest book, Storm Warning, was the perfect choice.

Ten people are the last residents who live in a crumbling building on a barrier island in Florida. That's not the last thing they need to worry about - a hurricane might be headed their way. And ... I'm going to let you find out what else could might happen to these folks...

There's a great lead character in Storm Warning. Jake's just an ordinary guy trying to do the right thing for everybody - and stay alive. The supporting characters are a mixed bag - you'll have fun guessing if everyone is telling the truth. 

The setting is really easy to imagine and Bell's descriptions paint vivid images for the reader.

The plotting is good and imaginative. I did see one element coming early - but this didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book. See for yourself - read an excerpt of Storm Warning. 

And I can absolutely see this book as a movie. It's got a vintage Brice Willis feel to it.

No comments: