Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Nosy Neighbors - Freya Sampson

I was so excited when I saw that Freya Sampson had a new book out - Nosy Neighbors! (Don't you love that cover!)

I love my mystery and thriller reads, but the books that stick with me a bit longer are those that tug at my heart strings. And Freya Sampson's books are at the top of the list.

What will you find inside? A crochety, seventy seven year old woman named Dorothy Darling. She's lived in apartment two in Shelley House for over thirty years. She keeps herself busy by watching out her front window and inside the building, noting things down in her logbook - the repairs needed, when someone comes or goes from the building and much more. The latest tenant is tattooed, pink haired Kat. And the two of them clash immediately.

But, the lives of all the tenants of Shelley House are all going to change when...  Yes, I'm stopping there, leaving you to find out what happens next. 

Sampson keeps us guessing (and turning pages) as to what the secrets are that Kat and Dorothy have each been hiding for many years. 

The characters are all wonderfully drawn and it was easy to create detailed mental images of them all. All good tales have a dog, and in this case it's Reggie - who steals the show more than once. 

Uh huh, all the right elements are in place for a 'tug at your heartstrings' read. Love lost, love found, loneliness, friendship, purpose, meaning and connections. What we all need - people, not things.

Nosy Neighbors is another great read from Freya Samson and I will be eagerly awaiting her next book. See for yourself - read an excerpt of Nosy Neighbors.

Be sure to add Freya Sampson's previous books - The Last Chance Library and The Lost Ticket- to your reading list!


2 comments:

Mystica said...

Seen this book twice being reviewed on blogs I follow. Thanks for the review

Luanne said...

A must read Mystica - I know you'll like it!