Friday, July 8, 2022

Look Closer - David Ellis

I've read and enjoyed previous books by David Ellis - but I have to say that his latest - Look Closer - is my favorite.

From the publisher's description: "Simon and Vicky couldn’t seem more normal: a wealthy Chicago couple, he a respected law professor, she an advocate for domestic violence victims. A stable, if unexciting marriage. But one thing’s for sure … absolutely nothing is what it seems."

The plotting of Look Closer is so very, very clever. Simon and Vicky each have their own agendas and their bottom lines seem be punctuated by dollar signs. There are many other characters in the mix as well who are also looking for a payout. Look Closer is told by many voices. With each new chapter I could take that information and predict how things would playout. Uh huh...wrong. I was surprised so many times with as each new turn took things in another direction. And yes, there are twists. I love being unable to figure out how things are going to play out.

And that's where I'm gonna leave - you need to discover this tale without spoilers. Four hundred and sixty four pages of absolutely addictive reading. An easy five stars and definitely recommended. Seek for yourself - read an excerpt of Look Closer. 

No comments: