Friday, November 6, 2020

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #337

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
Piece of My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke releases in a few weeks on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Okay...I do like the color used on the US cover. And the image of the skull is great, especially when made of pretty flowers. The font style and color also work on the turquoise. Well, I feel like I've seen the UK cover many times before. Lone woman seen from the back in an isolated area. It's boring and overdone. So an easy choice for me this week - US. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Piece of My Heart?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

Icewineanne said...

The paper flowers making a skull is very clever, but in spite of the skull, the light colours better suit the cover of a modern romance or a work of literary fiction much more than a mystery.
I prefer the darker colour of the UK cover. But really dislike the blurred woman on the beach. What is it with publishers & women on covers? To show that it’s a book especially for women??

That said, my vote is for the UK cover because of the darker colours (more in line with a mystery IMHO).
I haven’t read any of the books since MHC paired up with Burke. Would love to read one. Are they all standalones that can be read in any order?
Happy reading!

Luanne said...

Split decision this week!

Icewineanne I always enjoy your take on things! You know, I haven't read any of the collaborations, so not sure if they could be read in any order or not. I love Burke's writing but am only so so on MHC.