Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Over the Counter #418

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner? There have been many, many books from other countries on how to be happy. How about one book covering many philosophies?

The Atlas of Happiness: The Global Secrets of How to be Happy by Helen Russell.

From Running Press:

"A fun, illustrated guide that takes us around the world, discovering the secrets to happiness. Author Helen Russell (The Year of Living Danishly) uncovers the fascinating ways that different nations search for happiness in their lives, and what they can teach us about our own quest for meaning.

This charming and diverse assortment of advice, history, and philosophies includes:

Sobremesa from Spain, Turangawaewae from New Zealand, Azart from Russia, Tarab from Syria,
joie de vivre from Canada and many more."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But...I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: