Friday, December 23, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #137

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Emma Flint's novel Little Deaths releases in January. It has generated some buzz - enough for me to add it to the ever teetering TBR pile. (Inspiration for the book is from a real case.) The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Alright, so both have red tones/white fonts, Jeffery Deaver blurbs and our overdone woman on the cover. I do prefer the US cover this week - I think looking out the window and down at something conveys some problem/mystery/incident. I prefer the partial face as well - I dislike full face shots on covers. I would much rather form my own visual images from the author's words. What about you? Any plans to read Little Deaths? Which cover do you prefer this week? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. 

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I like the US cover more too. I do hope to read this book one of these days!