Friday, April 8, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #100

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
The Last One by Alexandra Olivia is on my TBR list - I'm intrigued by the premise. The US cover is one the left and the UK cover is on the right. Both are July releases. "For readers of Station Eleven and The Passage". Hmm, so the dark blue of the US cover, the stark font and the lone person standing  would have me opening the flyleaf to see what the book was about. Normally, I'm not a fan of actual 'people' pics. I like to form my own mental image of the characters. But I find the UK shot unusual, different and it makes me curious about the contents. I also like the tagline...Welcome to the woods. So, I am going to go with the UK cover this week. What about you? Any plans to read The Last One? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

1 comment:

bermudaonion said...

I don't find either cover particularly compelling but think I prefer the US cover.