Thursday, March 3, 2011

Over the Counter - #44

The latest book to catch my this week as it passed over my library counter and under the scanner was Undateable by Ellen Rakieten and Anne Coyle. And I have to admit - I did more than glance at this one - it was pretty funny!

From the publisher Villard, an imprint of  Random House:

"SHIRT: SPORTS JERSEY.
 JEANS: EMBELLISHED.
 HAIR: OVERLY GELLED.
 STATUS: UNDATEABLE.

Did your date show up wearing socks with sandals? Are tighty-whities a deal-breaker for you? Do fanny packs make you want to run for the door? Now, for the very first time, we’re revealing the secret list of things that so many perfectly eligible guys manage to wear, say, or do to make themselves completely undateable. With an essential rating system that ranges from minor red-flag offenses all the way to the irreversible kiss of death, this hilarious handbook exposes the many common mistakes that can turn an otherwise acceptable man from a “maybe” into a “no way.” From pleated shorts and soul patches to ordering girly drinks and owning more than one cat, the evidence is painfully funny to behold. No more double denim, corporate swag, or exclaiming “Booya!” No more jogging in place at stoplights, and definitely no more “going dutch” on the first date. This book is for every woman who’s ever wondered where to draw the line, and every guy who’s ever asked, “What did I do wrong?”

Here’s what you did."

Here's the book trailer....


(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

This looks funny, but I bet a lot of the guys in that video have girlfriends or wives.

Reeder Reads said...

I read this book and it was so funny and there were so many guys that I recognized in the book! LOL

cindysloveofbooks said...

This sounds like it will be funny. I will have to look for this one now LOL Thanks for sharing with us.

Mystica said...

sounds funny.