Thursday, November 18, 2010

Over the Counter #30

I used to save my allowance to buy Archie comic books when I was younger and still have many of them. So of course Archie Marries caught my eye this week as it passed over my library counter and under the scanner.

I have to say that the flip side of the book has a shot of Archie marrying Betty. So who did you want him to date? I was always a Betty fan.

From the publisher Abrams Books:

"The eternal love triangle that has been the cornerstone of Archie comics for almost seven decades is finally untangled in this seven-part story written by Michael Uslan and illustrated by veteran Archie artist Stan Goldberg. The journey begins when Archie finds himself strolling up Memory Lane, and marries the wealthy and cultured Veronica Lodge. Later we see what happens when he strolls down Memory Lane and marries the wholesome, peppy girl next door, Betty Cooper.


This pivotal series of seven issues is bound in hardcover, encased in a double diecut slipcase, and packaged with a reprint of a classic Archie comic. The book includes all-new material created especially for this edition, including script outtakes, never-before-seen sketches, annotations, vintage covers, and exclusive interviews with the creators. "

You can peek inside here.

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But... I can mention them and maybe one of them will catch your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

4 comments:

Mystica said...

Can't imagine Archie married to either!

Pam said...

Haha oh MAN! I used to LOVE Archie!!! I'll have to check this out. I'm a blonde so I always WAS a Betty fan. ;O)

bermudaonion said...

I loved Archie comics too and was going to comment that I'm disappointed that he married Veronica but then I read that the flip side has Betty on it. I'm really curious about the book now!

The Book Chick said...

I was a Betty gal! I used to spend all of my allowance on those things :)