Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Night Watching - Tracy Sierra

Wow! Night Watching is a debut novel from Tracy Sierra.

I live in an older house and know which stair riser is the squeaky one, which door won't stay shut, which faucet drips and so much more. I know all of those sounds and they belong. 

In Night Watching, an unnamed mother wakes up at midnight, in a snow storm and hears boots on the stairs - and she knows it is not her husband. Her two children are in their bedrooms. What to do?! I'm going to let you find out who is on the stairs and what happens next...

Oh, this is a terrifying tale. I really didn't want to read it alone at home at night. Sierra gives us bigger goose bumps with the lack of violence. It's so much more with the threat of what might transpire.

My attention never wavered and I had to know what would happen next.  Kudos to Tracy Sierra. I can't wait to see what she writes next. See for yourself - read an excerpt from Night Watching.

No comments: