Friday, April 5, 2024

Studies at the School by the Sea - Jenny Colgan

Jenny Colgan is one of my favorite rom com authors. I love her style and her stories. They're feel-good, heart-warming escapist reads and they never disappoint. Studies at the School by the Sea is the fourth (and last) of the School by the Sea books.

I loved reconnecting with Maggie, her students, coworkers - and love interest. There's been a yes, no, maybe so, plotline running through the entire series that is finally settled in the final pages. 

The setting of the book is on and around the Downey House Boarding School (for girls). The girls are getting older and their lives are changing. It's been nice to watch them grow up with every new year. Their outlooks, experiences, doubts and all round teen angst has been depicted really well. The focus in this entry is on Fliss and Simone. 

Settling in with a Jenny Colgan book is like visiting an old friend and catching up on what's been going on. Colgan writes an number of series and sometimes there are cameo and crossover appearances from other books. I wonder if we'll see any of this lot in the future? 

This was another great read for me. See what you think - read an excerpt of Studies at the School by the Sea. 

There's a new Colgan book called Close Knit that releases on August 6/24. It's on my must read list!

4 comments:

Kay said...

I have not read any books by Jenny Colgan as yet. I am aware that she is quite prolific and many enjoy her stories. One day perhaps!

Luanne said...

Very prolific Kay! Good escapist reading.

Mystica said...

Not successful in getting her books. As yet. Thanks for the review

Luanne said...

Oh, I'm sorry that can't get any of her books. :(