Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Kill for Me Kill for You - Steve Cavanagh

Kill for Me Kill for You is Steve Cavanagh's latest book - and it's a doozy!

Have you ever watched Alfred Hitchcock's 1951 movie called Strangers on a Train? The premise is that two strangers will execute a murder for the other, thereby creating an unbreakable alibi for each another.

But Cavanagh puts his own spin on things, with more characters, more killing, and my favorite - more twists and turns! Just when I thought I had nailed down my choice for the whodunit, I was proven wrong. I love it when I can't guess how a plot is going to unfold. There's no down time in Cavanagh's writing!

I chose to listen to Kill for Me Kill for You. The narrator was Stephanie Cannon and she was fantastic! There are many characters in the book, but Cannon has created a voice for every last one - male and female - that are believable. You'd swear that there are two people having a conversation. I don't know who she can flip back and forth. Cannon speaks clearly and enunciates well. The speed was just right. She captured the tone of Cavanagh's work. A wonderful performance! Hear for yourself - listen to an audio excerpt of Kill for Me Kill for You. And I'll be watching for Cavanagh's next book. 

No comments: