Monday, February 26, 2024

Nowhere Like Home - Sara Shepard

Oh. My. Gosh. Talk about unreliable characters! Pretty much every character in Sara Shephard's new book, Nowhere Like Home, is lying. And I loved trying to figure out what was the truth.

Nowhere Like Home is told through three women's narratives - Lenna, Sarah and Rhiannon. There is a fourth woman, and her narrative is told a bit differently. Shepard did a great creating her characters. I was drawn to one in particular, and could understand the motives of another. But one is downright dangerous. As the book progressed, my opinion about what the final chapters would bring was challenged. I love not being to predict a plot. 

Friendship is the driving theme in this book. What makes a good friend? How much of your life would you reveal? Some? All? And what if that trust was broken.... 

As readers we are privy to some (but not all) of the lies being told. The not knowing the answer as to what the truth, was kept me engrossed from first page to last. There's lots of suspense and action as well. A few plot devices were a bit overboard for me - but just go with it. 

4 comments:

Kay said...

I have read one book by this author and noticed that this was a new one coming. Might try it in upcoming days. I've been doing some rereading lately and also getting ready for my next mystery book club meeting. I'm having fun though. LOL

Luanne said...

Where to you find the time to reread Kay! I am sadly falling behind. But, I'll catch up! What is your mystery club title?

Kay said...

The March book to discuss is Deanna Raybourn's Killers of a Certain Age. I just reread it and enjoyed it again.

Luanne said...

I’ve never read her. I’ll have to add her to my list.