Friday, November 13, 2020

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #338

-You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another...

US Hardcover
US Kindle
Lars Kepler is a husband/wife writing duo. I quite enjoy their 'Joona Linna' series, set in Sweden.
Lazarus is the sixth entry. Now, I did find another cover - but it had a snake on it and I just didn't want to look at it. So - today we have the US Hardcover on the left and the US Kindle on the right. Let's see...the black and red on the hardcover absolutely works for a murder mystery. The red looks like bloody slashes and the word Lazarus fades out from top to bottom. Also works well for a murder mystery. The green on the Kindle cover is, umm, different. Lazarus rose from the dead, so maybe that the green choice? For living. Although I find the green a little science fictiony. And I believe those are tombstones in a graveyard setting. Which suits the premise of the book. Hmm, I think I'll go with the US hardcover this week. What about you? 
Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Lazarus?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

Grandma Cootie said...

I'm with you. Whether we want it to or not, the cover does influence us in choosing a book. I would not select the green book if I was looking for a mystery.

Luanne said...

I agree Grandma Cootie - the green does not say mystery to me either.

trevorwiltzenauthor said...

Interesting points. I would pick the one on the left as well. It's tough to design what works best and stay true to the novel.

Luanne said...

Thanks for weighing in Trevor! A clean sweep this week.