Monday, November 9, 2020

Goodnight Beautiful - Aimee Molloy

Oh, if you love a good twisty read, you're going to want to pick up Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Molloy!

Sam and his wife Annie move back to the small town Sam is from. He sets up his counselling practice on the main floor of a beautiful old home. The landlord lives above. And there's a vent that allows sound to travel......

There's more, but I am in no way going to spoil this read for you! Molloy is a master of misdirection. I was caught up in the book immediately and rapidly flipped pages until I reached the end of part one. And I then stopped - had I read that right? Everything I thought about one aspect was wrong. So, I flipped back to the beginning, looked again and mentally applauded Molloy. Psychological suspense is one of my favorite genres and I truly appreciate being caught off guard. So, back to the next part - and it happened again! Yes! I had assumed the twist had already happened and was unprepared for another one. 

Goodnight Beautiful is such a great page turner. Well written. I loved the dark humor and nod to a famous author. But most of all, being fooled. Bravo! Here's an excerpt of Goodnight Beautiful

No comments: