Friday, April 19, 2019

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #259

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Elly Griffiths pens one of my favourite series - the Ruth
Galloway Mysteries. The eleventh book, The Stone Circle releases in May/19. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The image used on both covers is relevant. The salt marsh figures into this series so the US image is relevant. The UK image literally fits the book's title with a Stonehenge like picture. There is movement in both images with the water and birds. I do like the dark, somewhat foreboding tones of the US cover. The UK cover is fitting as well, but it just doesn't grab me as much. So, US for me this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Stone Circle?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I haven't read her books but really want to try one. The covers are pretty equal to me.

Ethan said...

I would go with the UK cover, only because there is an obvious circle of stones lol.

Icewineanne said...

Both covers are terrific but going with the UK because it depicts the title. This is a favourite series - thrilled that there’s a new book coming!

Luanne said...

Bermudaonion - make sure you start from the beginning!
And it looks like I'm in the minority this week - UK takes it.

Dianna said...

My pick this week is...neither. I prefer the US cover, but it should have at least some kind of stone in the picture! The UK cover makes me think it must be about Stonehenge, so I would be disappointed if it wasn't.

Luanne said...

Not quite Stonehenge Dianna, but similar....