Friday, December 28, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #243

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
It was A.J. Finn's blurb about The Woman Inside by E.G. Scott that caught my attention - "From its seize-you-by-throat opening to that jack-in-the-box finale, this slick, sleek thriller held me breathless. Psychological suspense at its brightest and boldest.' - A. J. Finn, author of The Woman in the Window." The US Cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. At first glance, two very similar cover. The font color is transposed from one to another. I find the pink as the title font color on the UK cover more effective than the white of the US. The keyhole appears to be slightly larger on the US cover. The eye color changes from cover to cover. And there's cheek and eyebrow on the US cover, not so much. And it appears there is lighting inside the UK cover. Hmm, a bit torn this week - the pink draws my eye to it, but it seems a bit more lurid, if you will. The US is a bit more sedate with the white title. It's a draw for me this week. What about you? Any plans to read The Woman Inside? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It's close but I think I prefer the US cover and I'm really not sure why.

Vee said...

The US cover is my favorite. You make me curious and I am not a fan of thrillers.

Luanne said...

Yep, looks like a US win this week!

Dianna said...

I like the US cover better - more realistic.

Speedypaper said...

I am agree that US version is more realistic.