Thursday, December 27, 2018

Limetown - Cote Smith, Zack Akers and Skip Bronkie

I listen to a great number of books - but I also enjoy podcasts. One of the podcasts I have lined up to listen to is Limetown. But - there's a newly released audio book prequel called Limetown, written by the original creators - Cote SmithZack Akers and Skip Bronkie. So, I decided to listen to this audiobook first before delving into the podcasts.

From Simon and Schuster:

"From the creators of the #1 podcast Limetown, an explosive prequel about a teenager who learns of a mysterious research facility where over three hundred people have disappeared - including her uncle - with clues that become the key to discovering the secrets of this strange town."

I love stories like this - the unexplained, investigative journalism, conspiracies and more. Teenager Lia Haddock is the lead character. Candice Thaxton reads this characters. She's a favorite narrator of mine. She has such an expressive voice and interprets the books she reads very, very well. Her intonation rises and falls in a unique way.She emphasizes and depicts much with her voice. Her voice is also clear and easy to understand. And her voice matched the mental image I had created. Jacques Roy(another favorite) read the male roles - the missing Emile, Jack and more. He has a lovely measured pace of speaking that draws the listener in. He captures scenes of emotion and action with that same lower tone, but with urgency. Again, he's easy to understand and pleasant to listen to.

Listen carefully - the plot is fairly intricate and moves from present to past until the two catch up with each other. I was immediately drawn into the story. With this background, I'm looking forward to starting the podcast. Listen to an excerpt of Limetown.

2 comments:

Dianna said...

This sounds so interesting!
I haven't listened to any podcasts, but my friends love them. Maybe I should start with this one.

Luanne said...

There are so many to choose from Dianna!