Friday, December 21, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #242

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
Australian cover 
I enjoyed Fiona Barton's last novel, The Widow. Her newest book, The Suspect, releases in January 2019. The US cover is on the left and the Australian cover is on the right. Hmm, well we have the usual image of a woman on the front - no way to know if she's the one in danger or the suspect.  Rain or maybe snow in the picture. Not sure I like the 'upside down'. Now, the Australian cover I find intriguing. It's different and invites a closer look. The cryptic note also invites the reader inside. What significance does the water have? So, an easy choice for me this week - Australian cover. What about you - any plans to read The Suspect? 
Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I do like the upside down shadow and prefer the US cover. I hope to read the book one of these days.

Icewineanne said...

Love love love the Aussie cover. Definitely would not buy the unattractive US edition. I prefer covers that have drawings or photos of nature rather than women.
Cheers & a very merry Christmas to you Luanne!

Dianna said...

I like the Australian cover. That note really catches my attention.

Luanne said...

Ahh, an Australian victory this week!