Friday, January 19, 2018

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #194

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover 
I enjoyed Brad Parks' last thriller (Say Nothing). It was fast paced and entertaining read. Parks's newest book, Closer Than You Know releases in March and looks to be in the same vein. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. |The US cover mirrors the previous book in the use of one bold colour, a strong, shadowed title font. We're looking at the outside of a home.The UK cover adds a tag line - "Disaster is always..." to change how the title could be read. The view is from the inside of the home in this cover. The addition of a child image (while integral to the plot) seems lurid to me. So, US cover for me this week. What about you? Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Closer Than You Know?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

Kay said...

I like the US cover better and remember it's a lot like the previous book's cover - though it was red, I think. And yes, I plan to read it, and no, I haven't read the previous book. I think I own it - maybe. LOL

bermudaonion said...

I like the US cover better but the tag line on the UK cover would lure me in.

Icewineanne said...

US cover for me too! Kid on UK cover is off putting.

Kelly Blackwell said...

I definitely like the US cover. It is foreboding. I like how from the perspective it could be someone watching a hone where there is menace or perhaps the person looking through those blinds is the one to beware of. The UK cover with the additional verbiage makes me wonder if it is sci-fi or something. Creepy but not appealing.

Luanne said...

Well, it seems to be a clear cut choice for everyone this week - US it is!