Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Over the Counter #399

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner? Well, they were in every Christmas sale flyer and I'm still kind of unsure as to how they work.....but this book might help.....

How to Instant Pot: Mastering All the Functions of the One Pot That Will Change the Way You Cook by Daniel Shumski.

From Workman Publishing:

"Master the revolutionary appliance that is changing the way we cook!

The only Instant Pot cookbook that is organized by function, How to Instant Pot is both a guide to understanding the Instant Pot basics and a foodie’s creative collection of over 100 recipes specially crafted to take advantage of the Instant Pot’s many virtues, from cooking perfect risotto in six minutes, no stirring required, to five kinds of yogurt, to creating one-hour killer chili and soups from scratch, using dried beans.

Here’s how to make incredible hands-off meals like Ziti and Italian Sausage, Maple-Mustard Pork Shoulder, and Korean-Style Short Ribs, plus plenty of sides, breakfasts, and desserts. In addition to a set of recipes for each function and master recipes with three variations each, there are surprising shortcuts—basics like quick pickles, perfect hard-boiled eggs, and a 30-minute “baked” potato. It’s the essential purchase for every instant pot owner."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come to the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But...I can mention them and maybe one of them will catchy your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

2 comments:

Icewineanne said...

I've never heard of the instant pot so i looked this up right after i read your review. I do own a pressure cooker that is rarely used because i lack recipes for it. This sounds like a perfect book to nudge me to use it more often.
Went to the library site to place a hold & found there are many waiting ahead of me.......that figures.....LOL
Many thanks for informing me about this helpful book!

Luanne said...

Our library has a few new titles on Instant Pot. I had never heard of them until I saw the new book list. Glad this post helped you!