Friday, August 25, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #173

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Sue Grafton's latest Kinsey Millhone book, Y is for Yesterday has just released. One more to go and I guess the series will end? The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Well, let's see. I just find the UK cover to be overdone - dark road, woman on the run from a car in the night. Scraggly trees (I had to try and see if I could use scraggly two weeks in a row) Both covers do use a yellow 'Y'. But I much prefer the font of the US 'Y'. And I like the cleaner look of the US version. It matches the rest of the series. Interesting that the US actually spells out the whole title, while the UK doesn't. So, US for me this week.Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read Y is for Yesterday? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

The US version is kind of boring but it does match the rest of the series so I like it better too.

ndenim said...

Agree. US cover. Always enjoy your posts. Sometimes like the 'other' cover better, but always fun to read and compare. You always see more on the covers than I do. Thank you!