Friday, August 4, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #170

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Karin Slaughter is one of the best thriller/mystery writers out there. I always look forward to reading her latest. That latest (a stand alone) is The Good Daughter releasing this coming week in North America and already released across the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Well, I don't think there's any doubt that this is a dark thriller with these covers. I like the match image on the US cover - it can be interpreted many ways - shining a light on, snuffing out a light etc. I'm very glad that there is no face on the woman image, but I am still tired of those female silhouettes on covers. So, I think it's going to be UK for me this week. The blood on the flowers is ominous. Is that a latched window or door? And those scrawled letters have me curious. Which cover do you prefer? Any plans to read The Good Daughter?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I actually like both of them this week but think I prefer the UK cover too.

Marce said...

I like both and enjoy that they make you think about the story just from the covers. I am going to go with the US only because a female and the title link.