Friday, March 10, 2017

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #149

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
I can't wait to read this third installment in Greg Iles' Natchez Burning trilogy. (March 21 in the US and April 6 in the UK) It's brilliantly plotted, timely and filled with characters I have grown to care about - and the flip side of that. This is a series that I would absolutely read again - and there are very few books I can say that about. Iles left us with a devastating turn of events at the end of the last book and I am so eager to see where things go from there and to have answers. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. The UK covers would catch your eye with it's monochromatic colour punch. I'm not sure that the two men on a bridge or the tag line really captures the scope of this trilogy. There is so much more to it. The US cover is my choice this week. The red behind the trees connotes blood spilled or burning - both are key in the book. All under a blue sky. Overall the US cover is more effective to me. So, have you read the first two books? Are you looking forward to the final entry? Which cover do you prefer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the US cover too.

Kay said...

I have read the first book in the trilogy, but for some reason (and I honestly can't say why), I haven't read the second book. Maybe I've been waiting on the 3rd to be published and then I may reread the first and continue with the story. I'm thinking I may listen to all of them, back to back. One long tale. Oh, and I like the US cover best. The gold/yellow is not appealing to me. I love Greg Iles as an author!