Friday, August 19, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #119

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
Thriller alert! I've got Helen Callaghan's novel Dear Amy on my TBR list. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. As much as I dislike real faces on covers, the photo on the US cover is quite arresting. You might be more likely to pick it up instead of the UK version. But the UK cover better illustrates the premise behind the book. We've got Please help me vs. Please find me for taglines. I'm torn this week (somewhat like the US cover) but in the end, I think I prefer the UK cover. Any plans to read Dear Amy? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'd forgotten all about that book but do want to read it soon. I like the UK cover too.

Jennifer C said...

I think it's the US cover for me, too. At first glance, the U.K. Cover could just be any book about a letter...The US cover is haunting and attention-grabbing.