Friday, August 12, 2016

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #118

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
 But you can like one cover version better than another....

US cover
UK cover
More suspense! Gilly Macmillan's newest novel, The Perfect Girl, releases in September. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. Two very different covers this week. Light and Dark. A house vs. a girl. The UK cover has its usual tagline and blurb. But - as mentioned before, I am very tired of backwards shots of girls/women, so I am going with the US cover this week. It just looks a little more ominous. The UK cover could be a story about anything really. Any plans to read The Perfect Girl? Which cover do you prefer? You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm tired of the back of the head shot too so the US cover gets my vote.

VictoriaS said...

I don't find either of these particularly evocative, though the US cover does have at least an eerie feeling to it. I'll vote for the US cover by default since I am not only tired of the head shot, but also of the pandering to the masses with the GIRL title in large type. Yes, yes, we get it, it's another GIRL book. (I'm not as angry as I may sound, just rolling my eyes in sarcasm.)

Jennifer C said...

US for me, too, this week, for the reasons you mentioned. I have her first book here to read and need to get busy reading it, and I'm already looking forward to this new one.

Icewineanne said...

UK wins it for me because the title mentions "girl" & they have a girl on the cover. US cover is confusing for me as the drawing appears to have no relationship to the title.
Having said that - am super tired of "girl" titles! Authors are supposed to have a wonderful imagination...........for that reason I will pass on this book.