Saturday, August 22, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #67

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another...


After You is the follow up to Jojo Moyes's novel Me Before You. (I loved it). It releases at the end of September on both sides of the pond. The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. It's definitely on my ever growing TBR list. I've never been a fan of the covers of Moyes's books, but I love her stories. Hmm, the curlicue font is on both author name and title of the US cover - and is similar to previous covers. The UK changes font between the two. Knowing the story behind this book, the in flight bird and the sneak peek at the stars ties in the book.  But, this week I'm going to go with the US cover. Which cover do you prefer? Do you plan to read After You?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature
at A Bookworm's World.

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I prefer the US cover as well but neither one is terrific.

Kay said...

I agree that neither one really grabs me. Maybe a little too vanilla? I'm probably the only person who hasn't read the first book. I should get to that first and then try this one.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh wow.... I am so out of the loop - I had no idea there was a follow up book - that is exciting news! I like the cover to the right better... the one to the left gives a soft appearance too.... like it is light and fluffy.

Luanne said...

The covers leave much to be desided, but the book is going to be so good!!

Jennifer Tar Heel Reader said...

I think I will go with the US one this time, too. It ties in better as a sequel to the first one (and its cover) - consistency, I guess? I cannot wait for this book!