Saturday, August 8, 2015

You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover #65

- You can't judge a book by its cover - which is very true. 
But you can like one cover version better than another...

US cover
UK cover
John Grisham's latest legal thriller releases in October of this year on both sides of the pond. And it is on my TBR list (although I didn't love the last one - Gray Mountain) The US cover is on the left and the UK cover is on the right. It's an easy choice for me this week - the UK cover hands down. I don't like the font, the colours or the picture on the US cover at all. The UK is much more appealing to me. What cover do you prefer?
Do you plan to read Rogue Lawyer?
You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular Saturday feature
at A Bookworm's World.

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Those are the best covers they could come up with? I'm with you - the UK cover is much better.

Lindsay said...

I don't love either one, but I'm totally with you that the U.K. cover is better. What's up with that weird font on the U.S. version?!

Luanne said...

I know eh? Easy choice this week!

Icewineanne said...

UK definitely the winner - US font looks like domething from the late 60's, early 70's - yuck. :-)

Icewineanne said...

Oops - should be "something" unfortunately can't edit comment - LOL

Ethan said...

This is such a departure from his usual covers. What are the US publishers thinking?! I think the reaction to many of his recent novels have been less than stellar, so maybe this is an attempt to set this latest book apart.

Luanne said...

It does make you wonder, doesn't it. Just ask readers what they think beforehand!