Saturday, June 7, 2014

You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover #7

- You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover -
Which is very true. But you can like one cover version better than another...
US/Canadian cover
UK/Australian cover
I was hunting down cover art for Lisa O'Donnell's latest book - Closed Doors, and came across the US/Canadian cover on the left and the UK/Australian cover on the right. I prefer the US cover this time. Both capture the tone of the book, but I think the boy peeking through the door conveys the story inside better. And I always like to imagine what a character looks like instead of being presented with a ready made image.
Either way - it's a good read. (my review)
What cover do you prefer?
Have you read Closed Doors?
You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover is a new regular Saturday feature on A Bookworm's World. .

5 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the cover on the left - it has a creepier feel to it.

Mystica said...

Left one adds more atmosphere!

Luanne said...

Kathy and Mystica - I agree!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the one to the left is creepier than the other one, but it strikes me as a bit messy. The other one is lovely, but I admit that it may be completely wrong for the book :)

Luanne said...

I agree dj - definitely creepier on the left. But yes busier too.