Saturday, June 28, 2014

You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover #10

- You Can't Judge a Book By It's Cover - Which is very true.
But you can like one cover version better than another...
 
UK cover
US/Canadian cover
I was hunting down cover art for Laline Paull's debut novel - The Bees - and came across the US/Canadian cover on the left and the UK cover on the right. I prefer the North American cover this time. For me, it captured more of the 'hive' feel and the queen bee is quite prominent. If you're squeamish about insects though, you might prefer the UK cover! Either way, it's a really good read!
Which cover do you prefer? Have you read The Bees?
You Can't Judge A Book By It's Cover is a regular Saturday feature on A Bookworm's World.

2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I like the North American cover as well.

ChristasBooks said...

I'm reading this right now and really enjoying it. I have to say I like the North American cover as well. I think conveys the tone of the book better