Thursday, April 25, 2013

Over the Counter #160

What book caught my eye this week as it passed over the library counter and under my scanner? The Fairy House Handbook by Liza Gardner Walsh.

When I saw the title, I immediately thought of The Cottingley Fairies. But really....... who's to say they don't exist.....

From the publisher Down East Books:

"The popularity of fairy houses has soared and building these diminutive structures has become a fun pastime for children and adults. Equal parts how-to and whimsy, the Fairy House Handbook is a fun craft and lore book that guides readers on how to go about building a fairy house. Topics covered include selecting a site, what tools and materials to use, and many ideas on details and accessories you can add to your fairy house. Also included are bits of fairy lore, fairy dos and don’ts, and fairy wisdom. Written for children, or anyone with a child’s heart, and filled with color photographs, the Fairy House Handbook is sure to pique anyone’s sense of wonder."

(Over the Counter is a regular feature at A Bookworm's World. I've sadly come to the realization that I cannot physically read every book that catches my interest as it crosses over my counter at the library. But...I can mention them and maybe one of them will catchy your eye as well. See if your local library has them on their shelves!)

No comments: